PC Tools™ Privacy Guardian
Internet Privacy Software
Powerfully simple tools keep your computer use safe from prying eyes.
- Erases your Internet browsing, search, chat, and other online history
- Hides your recently opened files list to keep your PC use private
- Securely deletes your sensitive files
- NEW! Works on Windows® 8
Keep what you do on your computer and the Internet protected from prying eyes!
Internet and Online Privacy
PC Tools Privacy Guardian works with popular Internet browsers to erase your browsing history, search history, cookies, passwords, and download logs to help keep your Internet activities private. It even works with chat programs, media players, FTP browsers, email clients, and peer-to-peer file transfer programs to protect your other online activities as well.
Everyday Computing Privacy
PC Tools Privacy Guardian also helps maintain your day-to-day computing privacy. Temporary and recent file history erasers clear your temporary file folders, as well as your recently opened files lists, keeping your PC use and file access history private. Other cleaners erase Windows® history, including the ones found in Microsoft® Office, the Recycle Bin, your Recently Run programs, and the Find and Search bar.
Secure File Deletion
PC Tools Privacy Guardian helps ensure that the files you delete stay deleted with secure file shredding. And to further safeguard your Recycle Bin, a disk-bleaching tool wipes your free hard disk space, preventing your deleted files from being restored by file recovery tools.
Securely deletes the following from your Internet browsers:
- Cache, History, and Address Bar
- Auto Complete Form Data
- Downloaded Programs Files
Keeps your access history private for over 100+ other programs including:
- Chat programs
- Media players
- FTP browsers
- Email clients
- Peer-to-peer file transfer programs
- Microsoft® Office
- Photo browsers
- And more!
Erases traces left behind by your day-to-day computer use including:
- Temporary and recent file history
- Temporary file folders
- Recently opened files lists
- Recently run lists
- Find and search bar
- Document history
Securely deletes files to help maintain your privacy:
- Permanently shreds files and folders from your computer
- Permanently wipes your deleted files, making them unrecoverable
PC Tools Privacy Guardian
Microsoft® Windows® XP SP3 (32bit only)
- CPU: Pentium® or equivalent 233 Mhz (minimum) | Pentium or equivalent 300 Mhz (recommended)
- Memory: 64 MB (minimum) | 128 MB (recommended)
Microsoft Windows Vista® (32bit and 64bit)
- CPU: 1 Ghz
- Memory: 1 GB
Microsoft Windows 7 and Microsoft Windows 8
- CPU: 1 Ghz
- Memory: 1 GB for 32 bit or 2 GB for 64 bit
Other Hardware Requirements:
- HDD: 50 MB free
- Video: SVGA (1024x768)
- CD-ROM drive (if not installing via electronic software download)
- Internet access is required to register product and receive product updates†
† User is responsible for Internet service provider account, all Internet access fees and phone charges.
Release Date :
July 24, 2012
PC Tools Privacy Guardian 5.0.1