How Do I Update to the Latest Version?
If a new version of your product is released within the period of time of your valid license runs to, then the new version is included in the price that you have already paid.
Get it from Smart Update
It is important to Smart Update on a regular basis. This is not only to ensure that you get the latest protection and updates for your product, but also that you receive prompts when a new version of your product has been released.
If you have smart updated regularly then you will receive a ‘One Click’ install tool to download the latest version of your product. Simply click on the ‘Download Now’ button and follow the prompts. Once the download and install is complete, simply restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
Window will look something like this
What if I haven’t Smart Updated Regularly?
If you have not performed a smart update and are running an old version of your product, it is likely that you will not receive any prompts to install the latest version of your product. Therefore, you’ll need to perform a ‘Smart Update’ so the system can recognize that you are eligible for an update to the latest version.
Once you have completed the Smart Update you should receive the ‘One Click’ install tool as mentioned above.
Remember: It is important to Smart Update regularly to ensure you have the latest protection and updates for the new version of your product. Learn how to run a Smart Update.
I have run a Smart Update but have not been prompted to download a new version?
If you have not prompted with an option to install after you have performed a Smart Update, there is another way to get the new version.
By completing the following steps, you will be able to receive your free update to the latest release of your product, which is included as part of your product subscription.
1. Please go to this web address: http://www.pctools.com/product/download/
2. Locate the exact product that you have bought.
Note: If you accidentally select the another product to download and install, the registration details will not match your specific software details.
3. Click on the ‘Download’ button located to the right of each product.
4. Click on the ‘Download Now’ button, which will bring up a setup dialog box.
5. Within that box, click ‘Save File’
6. When the download is complete another dialog box will appear, double click on the product installer that appears in the new dialog box.
7. This will open the ‘Security Warning’ dialog box, click the ‘Run’ button to start the installer wizard and follow the prompts.
Article Number: 281
Posted: Thu, Jun 23, 2011 1:46 AM
Last Updated: Wed, Jun 20, 2012 12:09 AM
Online URL: http://www.pctools.com/kb/article/how-do-i-update-to-the-latest-version-281.html