Protection Software: Cannot Uninstall – PC Tools Internet Security
Symptoms:When you attempt to uninstall PC Tools Internet Security, it does not uninstall.
Causes:Missing files related to uninstallation
Products Affected:PC Tools Internet Security
Step 1: Installation
1. Re-download the program install file from http://www.pctools.com/kb/article/pc-tools-security-download-links-662.html
2. Run the downloaded file and follow prompts to finish installing the program.
3. Restart your computer if prompted.
Step 2: Uninstall
1. Fully exit the application, right click on the program icon in the notification area (next to the clock on the Windows taskbar) and select ”Shut Down” from the menu that appears.
2. Close any instances of Internet Explorer or other web browsers.
3. Go to ’Control Panel’ > ’Add or Remove Programs’ > ’Change or Remove Programs’
4. Uninstall the application by selecting the application to click on the ’Remove’ button next to the application.
5. Make sure that the PC Tools Security folder (which by default would be under ’C:Program Files’) no longer exists. If it remains, delete the folder.
Did this Article Answer your Question?
There are no attachments for this article.