How do I run Smart Update?
Smart update is the function used in our products to download product updates.
You will need to be connected to the internet before you run a Smart Update.
1. Start the PC Tools program that you want to update
2. Find the Smart Update button located in the bottom right hand corner
3. Click the Smart Update button
4. Follow the prompts to download any updates that may be available
5. When prompted, click on the Finish button to end the Smart Update process and reboot the PC if requested
Why Smart Update?
Our software is constantly updated to improve functionality and ensure that you have the latest protection against threats to your PC.
For Protection Software it is very important to run a Smart Update on a daily basis to ensure that your PC is protected with the latest signatures and definitions.
However due to the nature of Performance Software regular updates are not required. When an update is available you will be automatically prompted to download and install the new components via the Smart Update.
Need More Help?