Botnet detector product hits market
A new product which will enable organisations to detect botnets and stop the delivery of hazardous items such as spamware, viruses and worms, is set to be released.
Engate Technology Corporation, an anti-spam provider and pioneer of anti-botnet solutions has announced the release of the Engate MailSentinel 3.6, which has been customer-proven with 99 per cent accuracy.
Botnets are thought to be one of the most highly dangerous online security threats today and are difficult to detect and stop.
However, Engate MailSentinel is available to service providers and enterprises and has the option of being licensed to anti-spam software, security appliances, firewalls and routers.
"Engate continues to deliver on the promise of proactive email security with a unique network profiling technology that delivers an unparalleled real-time view of offending networks," said Richard White, chief technology officer, Engate Technology.
"Engate pre-emptively detects rogue PCs before the first spam is transmitted, which permanently blocks all variations of spam at the protocol level."
Internet security featuring our award-winning anti-spyware, anti-virus, firewall and spam protection. Visit www.pctools.com to upgrade your protection
- July 30, 2009 - Spammers translating messages to cause global web security issues
- July 30, 2009 - Web users 'should be cautious of fake anti-virus programmes
- July 29, 2009 - Microsoft launches online security patch
- July 28, 2009 - Students 'putting parents at risk of ID theft'
- July 24, 2009 - New online threats to be debuted