Automatic Logon for Novell Netware Clients (All Windows) Popular
These settings allow you to configure the Novell NetWare client to automatically logon to a Windows network.
|This tweak can be easily applied using WinGuides Tweak Manager.|
Download a free trial now!
Windows 95, 98 and Me
Open your registry and find the key [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Network\Logon]. Create two new string values, or modify the existing values, called "Username" and "NetWareUsername" and set them to your Windows username and NetWare username respectively. Then follow the steps below.
All Windows Versions
Open the [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Novell\Login] key and create these new strings values:
- The first called "AutoAdminLogon" should be set to "1" to enable automatic logon or "0" to disable it.
- The second called "DefaultLocationProfile" should be set the your default location profile (e.g. "Default").
- The third called "DefaultPassword" should be set to your NetWare password.
- The fourth optional value called "DefaultUserName" should be set to your NetWare username for Novell Client versions prior to 4.6 SP1.
Note: The password is stored in clear text, therefore anyone with access to the registry can see the default password.
|(Default)||REG_SZ||(value not set)|
Value Name: AutoAdminLogon
Data Type: REG_SZ (String Value)
- Automatic Logon to Windows 95, 98 and Me (Windows 95/98/Me) Popular
- Automatic Logon to Windows NT, 2000 and XP (Windows NT/2000/XP) Popular
>> Recommended Download - check, repair and optimize your registry now with Registry Mechanic <<
Disclaimer: Modifying the registry can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. We cannot guarantee that problems resulting from modifications to the registry can be solved. Use the information provided at your own risk.
Last modified: July 4, 2003
|More Guides »||Security Guide||Support Forums||Software Guide||Scripting Guide||Search|