Network Connection Restrictions (Windows 2000/XP) Popular
These restrictions control access to the features and properties of LAN, RAS and other network connections.
|This tweak can be easily applied using WinGuides Tweak Manager.|
Download a free trial now!
Open your registry and find the key below.
Create a new DWORD value for each required restriction from the list below. Set the value to "0" to enable the restriction or delete the value to disable it.
- NC_AddRemoveComponents - Restrict add and remove network components
- NC_AdvancedSettings - Restrict changes to Advanced Settings
- NC_AllowAdvancedTCPIPConfig - Restrict changes to advanced TCPIP configuration
- NC_ChangeBindState - Restrict changes to protocol and service bindings
- NC_DeleteAllUserConnection - Restrict deletion of public RAS connections
- NC_DeleteConnection - Restrict deletion of RAS connections
- NC_DialupPrefs - Restrict changes to the Dial-up Preferences
- NC_EnableAdminProhibits - Enable Windows 2000 network connections for administrators
- NC_LanChangeProperties - Restrict access to component properties of a LAN connection
- NC_LanConnect - Restrict connecting and disconnecting a LAN connection
- NC_LanProperties - Restrict access to properties of a LAN connection
- NC_NewConnectionWizard - Disable the Network Connection wizard
- NC_RasAllUserProperties - Restrict access to properties of public RAS connections
- NC_RasChangeProperties - Restrict access to properties of a RAS connection
- NC_RasConnect - Restrict connecting and disconnecting a RAS connection
- NC_RasMyProperties - Restrict access to private RAS connection properties
- NC_RenameAllUserRasConnection - Restrict renaming of public RAS connections
- NC_RenameConnection - Restrict renaming of connections
- NC_RenameLanConnection - Restrict renaming of LAN connections
- NC_RenameMyRasConnection - Restrict renaming of private RAS connections
- NC_Statistics - Disable status statistics for an active connection
|(Default)||REG_SZ||(value not set)|
Data Type: REG_DWORD (DWORD Value)
Value Data: (0 = enable restriction)
>> Recommended Download - check, repair and optimize your registry now with Registry Mechanic <<
Disclaimer: Modifying the registry can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. We cannot guarantee that problems resulting from modifications to the registry can be solved. Use the information provided at your own risk.
Last modified: June 26, 2003
|More Guides »||Security Guide||Support Forums||Software Guide||Scripting Guide||Search|