I tried to uninstall the PC Tools Internet Security 2009, but it says "unins000.msg" is missing, Please obtain a new copy of the program.
Later i tried to reinstall the application, it says "You are currently running PC Tools Internet Security". To continue with this installation, you must uninstall your version of PC Tools INternet Security.
I tried installing in safe mode, but it wont let me. Can someone plz help me in this. It has started annoying me now.
Results 1 to 2 of 2
06-21-2009, 11:26 PM #1Junior Member
- Join Date
- Jun 2009
Uninstall Files Missing Internet Security 2009
06-22-2009, 01:25 AM #2
Appears that the uninstall file has somehow become corrupted. Please follow the instructions below to manually remove PCTIS.
1. Click on the Start button. The Start menu will appear.
2. Select ''Shut Down'' from the menu.
3. When the computer starts back up, begin immediately by pressing the F8 key repeatedly until the Windows Startup menu appears with various options.
4. By using the up and down arrow keys on the keyboard, select 'Safe Mode'.
Do not select 'Safe Mode with networking' or any other modes.
5. Login to your account (if asked).
6. Wait and eventually Windows will start in Safe Mode.
7. Navigate and delete the following folders.
c:\Program Files\Common Files\PC Tools\
c:\Program Files\PC Tools Internet Security\
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\PC Tools\
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\PC Tools Internet Security\
8. Select Start>Run
9. Type in regedit and click OK
10. Please locate the following keys and remove them:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Uninstall\PC Tools Internet Security
Reboot the system and PCTIS should now be completely removed.
Last edited by AChen; 06-22-2009 at 01:28 AM.Thanks,
PC Tools - Essential tools for your PC